Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions of use for the Braehead Arena site (www.braehead-arena.co.uk) ("Site"), which is operated by Broadway Retail Leisure Limited ("we", "us" and "our"). We are a limited company, registered in England. Our registered company number is 03779195, and our registered office is at 40 Broadway, London SW1H 0BV. Your use of the Site will be subject to these terms and conditions and by using the Site you agree to be bound by them.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time by changing them on the Site. These terms and conditions were last updated on 24 March 2016.
Access to Site
It is your responsibility to ensure your equipment (computer, laptop, netbook, tablet or other mobile device) meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Site and is compatible with the Site.
We may, from time to time, restrict access to certain features, parts or content of the Site, or the entire Site, to users who have registered with us. You must ensure that any registration details you provide are accurate. If you choose, or you are provided with, a login ID (such as a username and password or other identifier) as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and must not reveal it to anyone else. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your login ID and must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use or other security breach of which you become aware. We reserve the right to disable any login ID at any time if, in our opinion, you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions or if any details you provide for the purposes of registering as a user prove to be false.
We cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operability of the Site. There may be times when certain features, parts or content of the Site, or the entire Site, become unavailable (whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis) or are modified, suspended or withdrawn by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the Site, or any features, parts or content of the Site.
What you are allowed to do
You may only use the Site for non-commercial use and only in accordance with these terms and conditions. You may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print and copy individual pages and, subject to the "What you are not allowed to do" section below, store such pages in electronic form. Additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts or content of the Site and, where they apply, will be displayed on-screen or accessible via a link.
What you are not allowed to do
Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms and conditions, you are not allowed to:
1. store pages of the site on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by systematically downloading and storing all of the pages of the site;
2. remove or change any content of the site or attempt to circumventsecurity or interfere with the proper working of the site or the servers on which it is hosted; or
3. create links to the site from any other website, without our prior written consent.
You must only use the Site and anything available from the Site for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates.
All rights granted to you under these terms and conditions will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights in any content of the Site (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos) are owned by us or our licensors. Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these terms and conditions gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading content from the Site. In the event you print off, copy or store pages from the Site (only as permitted by these terms and conditions), you must ensure that any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original content are reproduced.
We may change the format and content of the Site from time to time. You agree that your use of the Site is on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis and at your sole risk.
Whilst we try to make sure that all information contained on the Site (other than any user-generated content) is correct, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
We cannot and do not guarantee that any content of the Site will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
Your Personal Information
You can use the Site to search for and purchase tickets ("Tickets") to specific ice skating sessions at the Braehead Arena (the "Venue") on selected dates. If you would like to purchase a Ticket, you will need to register a payment card with the Site. You will then be able to choose a session and purchase Tickets. Once you have purchased your Tickets, you will receive a confirmatory e-mail containing a PDF attachment, the PDF attachement is your ticket/s. This will be sent electronically to the e-mail address you have provided confirming (amongst other things) the number of tickets, the price and the reference number. You must print your tickets in advance and bring these with you to the venue to gain access.
Tickets may be ordered by clicking on the session for which you wish to purchase tickets and then following the prompts that will appear on-screen. You may check and correct any input errors in your order up until the point at which you submit your order to us by clicking the " Pay Now" button on theAfter placing an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order and payment and giving you an order reference number, this email will contain a PDF attachement that contains your ticket/s. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Ticket. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. All orders are subject to acceptance by us. We are not obliged to accept your order and may, at our discretion, decline to accept any order. You do, however, acknowledge that by clicking on the "Pay Now" button, you enter into an obligation to pay for the Ticket(s) in the event that your order is accepted by us. Where we accept your order, we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that the Ticket order has been placed ("Order Confirmation"). The contract between you and us in relation to the Tickets ordered ("Contract") will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation. After entering into the Contract, we will be under a legal duty to supply you with goods that are in conformity with the Contract. checkout page.
By making any purchase of Tickets, you agree to comply with the following:
1. You will comply with any safety rules or other notices displayed at the Venue, which may include (but will not be limited to) the following;
2. You must skate in an anti-clockwise direction only.
3. Do not sit, kneel or lie on the ice or surrounding barriers.
4. Eating or drinking on the ice is prohibited.
5. No mobile phones or other personal devices are allowed on the ice and the use of such items on the ice is prohibited.
6. No games of any form are allowed on the ice that encourages erratic or speed skating, such as games involving chasing.
7. You are not permitted to skate in chains (groups holding hands etc).
8. You are not permitted to dart about/across the ice.
9. You agree to be considerate to all other ice skaters and consider their safety as well as your own at all times.
10. You step onto the ice at your own risk. Customers engaging in ice skating activity are deemed to have knowledge of and accept the inherent risks which include, but are not limited to, injuries resulting from collision or contact with other skaters, and injuries resulting from falls, injuries that arise from accidental contact with barriers or any part deemed to be the fabric of the building. Please ensure that any persons for whom you have purchased Tickets are aware of these risks.
11. All holders of Tickets are responsible for assessing their wellbeing and suitability to engage in any activities for which the Tickets have been purchased. Ice skating may not be suitable for you given your medical condition and history. We recommend you obtain medical advice if you may be at risk (e.g. if you are pregnant or have an existing heart condition) or are unsure of your suitability to engage in any such activities.
12. Children under 5 years of age must be accompanied at all times by a person who is at least 16 years old.
13. Any items left unattended may be removed and/or destroyed unless they are in one of the chargeable lockers provided. If you choose to store any items in one of the chargeable lockers provided, you do so at your own risk.
14. Verbal or physical abuse (including bullying or threatening behaviour or language) is strictly prohibited.
15. We reserve the right to eject from the Venue, any person who, in our reasonable opinion, breaches these terms, and we will not be liable for any refunds or reimbursement of any fees paid for any events at the Venue. We reserve the right of refuse entry.
Risk and Title
Tickets ordered will be at your risk from the time of collection. Ownership of the Tickets ordered will also pass to you on collection, provided full payment of all sums due in respect of the Tickets has been received.
Price and Payment
The price of Tickets is as quoted on the Site from time to time. Prices include VAT. Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an Order Confirmation.
Payment for all orders must be made by credit or debit card on the checkout page.
We will not charge your credit or debit card until we send you your Order Confirmation.
You should be aware that online payment transactions are subject to validation checks by your card issuer and we are not responsible if your card issuer declines to authorise payment for any reason. It is possible that your card issuer may charge you an online handling fee or processing fee. We are not responsible for such fees.
Cancellation and Refunds
You may not cancel the Contract for Tickets once you have placed an order and you will not be entitled to any refund or exchange unless we have cancelled or rescheduled the session for which the Tickets have been booked.
If you have purchased a ticket through the Site for a specific ice skating session advertised on the Site and the session is cancelled, we will make all reasonable efforts to notify you using the contact details you have provided and we will offer you a refund.
We may, at our sole discretion, choose to offer you the option to exchange the ticket for the cancelled session for an available ticket to another session selected by us, provided that such exchange shall be in lieu of a refund. If you are offered such an option and would prefer to obtain a refund instead, you will notify us accordingly. In such circumstances, all refunds will be paid within 28 days after (a) the date of the cancelled event or (b) the date on which you requested the refund, whichever is later. If you are not given any option to exchange your ticket, your refund will be paid within 28 days of the date of the original event.
We may choose to make any refunds or ticket exchanges conditional upon the presentation or return of your Order Confirmation or the original tickets. If so, we will notify you of this when offering you the refund or ticket exchange.
The Site may, from time to time, include links to external sites, which may include links to third party offers and promotions. We include these to provide you with access to information, products or services that you may find useful or interesting. We are not responsible for the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators or promoters.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability to you:
1. for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
2. for fraudulent misrepresentation;
3. for breach of any obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
4. for any other liability that may not, under English law, be limited or excluded.
Subject to this, in no event shall we be liable to you for any business losses and any liability we do have for losses you suffer arising from any Contract shall not exceed the purchase price of the relevant Tickets and is strictly limited to losses that were reasonably foreseeable. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under any Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
You may not transfer or assign any or all of your rights or obligations under any Contract.
All notices given by you to us must be given in writing to the address set out on the Contact Us page. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order.
If we fail to enforce any of our rights, that does not result in a waiver of that right.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable, all other provisions shall remain unaffected.
These terms and conditions may not be varied except with our express written consent.
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. We are required by law to advise you that Contracts may be concluded in the English language only and that no public filing requirements apply.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and you agree that any dispute between you and us regarding them or any Contract will only be dealt with by the English courts, provided that, if you are a consumer and not a business user and you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there. Nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any competent court.
If you have any questions or complaints or need any support in relation to the Site or any Tickets or Contract, please contact us using the details available on the Contact Us page. We will send you a holding email on receipt of your question, feedback or complaint and will strive to finalise our reposne to you within 14 days.