About this policy
Our full company name is Broadway Retail Leisure Limited and our parent company, Intu Properties plc runs many of the UK’s favorite shopping centres.
We do sometimes update this policy so you may want to return to this page and read it through again from time to time. The last time we updated this policy was on 24 March 2016.
What information may Braehead Arena collect about me?
We collect different types of information through this Site, including personal information from which we can identify you and other information about how you use the Site, our services and what interests you. This information helps us to make the Site more relevant to what you want.
We will typically collect personal information (such as your name, email, postal address, telephone number, payment and service details) whenever you ask us to deliver a service to you, for example when you:
- Register and set up an account with us
- Make a purchase from this Site
- Sign-up to receive one of our newsletters
- Take part in one of the competitions or promotions we run on the Site
- Agree to fill in a questionnaire about our Site and services so we can check how we are performing and make improvements
- Ask us a question or submit any queries or concerns you have
- Post information to the Site, for example when we offer the option for you to comment on, or join, discussions.
We hope you do join in, but of course you do not have to give any information if you don't want to use our services.
We sometimes run referral programmes where you can tell us about a friend or someone else who is known to you who may be interested in our Site, or what services we have to offer. If your friend gives you their permission to provide us with their details, then we promise we will only use their information for that reason and not to send them any wider marketing offers. We will also mention that it was you who made the referral in the message we send to them.
We also collect other information about the use of our Site and services. Some of this information we may automatically collect when you visit the Site, such as what type of device you have and which type of internet browser or mobile device you use, whether you visited our Site from another website or service and your IP address (the unique reference number that identifies your device on the internet). We only use this information to give us a statistical picture of how the Site is used.
What uses are made of information collected about me?
The information we collect helps us to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service. In particular we use your information to:
- Deliver the services you ask for from us
- Secure and verify payments you make
- Help us review and improve our products, services and offers
- Carry out market research from time to time by phone, mail or email
- Administer competitions and promotions
- Provide you with service information and account updates
- Occasionally send you promotional messages about products, services and offers available from our Site which we think you may find useful
- Deliver instore messaging to your mobile device (but only where you have registered for our free WiFi Service and have elected to get promotional messaging services).
Will I receive marketing?
Like you, we hate junk mail and spam contact and we will not sell your information to marketing companies. News, offers and messaging services will only be sent to you where you have agreed to receive these.
We also understand that you might change your mind about receiving our occasional communications from us. If you do not wish us to continue to contact you in this way, you can either follow the unsubscribe instructions on any of our communications to you or contact us by using the contact us information at the end of the policy.
When will Braehead Arena disclose my information?
As explained above, we don't sell your information to marketing companies although, like most organisations, there may be cases when we need to share information.
We may share statistics about users of our Site and services to help us develop our services or so that others can understand what we do. This will not include any information that identifies individuals.
We work with employees, partners or agents who are involved in delivering the products or services that you order and use through this Site and under appropriate contractual and confidentiality protections.
If we're reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation as part of the sale or re-organisation.
We may also share information where we are required or allowed to do so by law or if we believe that this is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the site or the rights or safety of its users or any other person.